Thursday, January 6, 2011

Playing catchup....part one.

I have been absent and I apologize.  The holidays were uber busy for us and, quite honestly, I've never really felt like a "writer."  So it's super hard for me to think of something fun to blog about when nothing all that new and different is going on.  A little recap of the past month or so.....

We hosted our first Thanksgiving!  That was an adventure!  We don't have a super large place so we couldn't extend the invitation to the whole fam but we did invite my immediate family and Lee's parents (his sister and her family were in Hawaii).  His parents couldn't make it so we had my mom and dad, sister and brother, and one of my brother's friends from the Navy who wouldn't be able to make it home for the holiday.  It got quite cozy in our little condo!  Lee was entrusted with the cooking and I got to set the table!  This was the first time we could use our china, crystal and silverware from the wedding!

Since our china is silver I went with an outside the box color scheme of silver and burnt orange.


 



Lee did an amazing job with all of the food.  The turkey was perfect!  Cheesy corn tatoes-YUMM. Creamed corn-wow.  Stuffing!!!!!  Thanksgiving food is the best!

Next up. December and all of it's festivities! And our trip to Miami!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment